|Salary Details||$26-30/hour (0.5-0.75 FTE)|
|Deadline||Dec 08, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
The Applegate Partnership & Watershed Council (APWC) is seeking an Education & Outreach Coordinator to help lead efforts in developing, coordinating, and implementing its youth outdoor education programs and community outreach events. Under the guidance of the Education & Outreach Program Director, the Education & Outreach Coordinator will assist with APWC’s Grow Youth and Applegate Outdoor School programs and help organize, promote, and facilitate community events and other outreach activities.
Program Supervision and Instruction
- Coordinate and lead outdoor education programs in fall, winter, and spring.
- Supervise instructional field staff during outdoor education programming.
- Implement safety and emergency response procedures during outdoor programs.
- Assist with curriculum development and outdoor education program logistics.
- Work collaboratively with guest instructors from various government agencies.
- Facilitate in-class pre and post visits with teachers and students.
- Develop and implement training for outdoor school high school leaders, including classroom and field-based training.
- Participate in the hiring of field instructors.
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff members and other organizations to plan and deliver community workshops/lectures.
- Design promotional materials for educational and community programs and events.
- Create and manage social media content and newsletters.
- Represent the organization at various community and outreach events.
- Participate in staff meetings and occasionally attend meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned by the Education & Outreach Program Director or Executive Director.
- Attend conferences and/or professional development opportunities as needed
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental education, environmental science/policy, teaching, biology, or a comparable field of study and/or 2+ years of equivalent work experience.
- History of working with students in an outdoor educational setting and ability to effectively organize and manage outdoor instruction.
- Prior classroom and/or outdoor education curriculum development.
- Experience in planning and promoting events and/or workshops.
- Ability to successfully manage social media accounts and create new marketing and promotional materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Dropbox, and Canva.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team in rural areas. Work includes walking over uneven, steep, and/or slippery terrain, wading in streams, kneeling, bending, stooping, etc. with exposure to all types of weather conditions. Other hazards such as ticks, mosquitos, thorny plants, poison oak, etc. may be encountered.
Other Position Requirements:
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Occasionally lift up to 40+ lbs.
- Applicants must have the ability to travel to/from work locations on their own.
- Candidates must have legal authority to work in the U.S.
Please send the following three items in a single PDF to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Two professional references
Contact Eva King, Education & Outreach Program Director, at (541) 660-3585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|