|Salary Details||$34,000- $39,500 .83 FTE (additional compensation for Spanish speaking and writing skills)|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Job Title: Education Program Coordinator
Job Status: Part Time, Salaried Employee
40 hours per week March-Oct and 20 hours per week Nov – Feb.
Job Term: This is a grant funded one year position, ending November 7, 2024. There is potential and desire of Growing Gardens to extend this to a multi-year, position.
Reports To: Senior Education Program Manager
Pay: $34,000- $39,500 .83 FTE (additional compensation for Spanish speaking and writing skills)
Preferred start date: November 6, 2023
Benefits: Flexible work schedule November- February. Health and dental insurance. Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday leave, Paid sick leave, 50% off produce and plant starts at Growing Gardens. Click here to learn more about our generous benefits policy
Education Program Coordinator Major Job Duties
- Schedule and teach garden-based education programming for children at Boulder and Longmont Farm sites
- Teach field trips of local elementary age children to the Longmont and Boulder Farms
- Teach at elementary and preschools in Boulder County for classroom visit programs
- Manage and Co-teach School Days Off Programming
- Manage and Co-teach After School Garden Club
- Assist in other Growing Gardens Education Programs
- Manage and lead teach Goats and Gardens summer camp
- Train and support Interns assisting with or teaching programming
- Curriculum development that aligns with CO state science standards and comprehensive health standards for nutrition education
- Lead education programming for interns, children, teens and adults
- Weekly chore shifts with goat herd
- Track and record data for program reports
- This job is outside in all weather conditions and involves many contact hours with program participants (children, teens, interns, volunteers, adults, etc)
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references with “Education Coordinator” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org. We strongly encourage you to submit 2 letters of reference, as well, with your application materials.
Please note: In your cover letter - please indicate how you meet the 460 hours of educational experience required. Please put this in BOLD text directly under your signature line
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.