|Salary Details||$10,579 - $12,858/Monthly*|
|Deadline||Sep 28, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Do you have experience developing energy conservation programs?
Help Sonoma County build climate resilience. Become the County's Energy and Sustainability Program Manager!
Starting salary up to $73.93/hour ($154,300/year) and a competitive total compensation package!*
The Energy and Sustainability Program Manager directs key enterprise-fund programs in the Climate Action and Resiliency Division of the CAO, manages a team of eight professional and support staff, and oversees related budgets. This position is responsible for building relationships within the community and collaborating with other departments, agencies, and special districts as it pertains to climate and energy work. Further, this position researches and pursues potential funding opportunities and analyzes legislative bills and regulatory proceedings as it pertains to the County's climate and environmental work. The Energy and Sustainability Program Manager writes detailed and complex reports, represents the Division at external meetings; and reports and presents to executive management, the County Board of Supervisors, and other elected officials.
Enterprise-fund programs include the:
- Sonoma County Energy Independence Program (SCEIP)
- PG&E Local Government Program, and Sustainable Solutions Turnkey Program
- Sonoma Green Business Program
- BayREN Partnership Programs supported by the County
- comprehensive outreach, education, and workforce development program
- Tool Lending Library, and Do-it-Yourself Toolkit programs
As the ideal candidate you bring your commitment to climate and environment protection and building climate resilience. The CAO seeks a leader who has management and supervisory experience coupled with budgetary and revenue management experience. The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Extensive knowledge in energy and climate science, project and/or program management, legislative, and/or regulatory proceedings
- Experience identifying innovative ideas to promote the attainment of carbon neutrality, energy conservation, and climate resiliency goals and objectives
- A thorough understanding of building design, energy use, energy efficiency, and alternative transportation in fleets
- The ability to lead teams, programs, and projects while building effective partnerships
- Experience with public speaking and presenting before commissions and boards
- An interest in finding climate solutions that reduce impacts on underserved communities and build towards a just transition to the green economy
- One or more of the following certifications: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Certified Energy Manager, Building Science, Certified Energy Analyst, Certified Climate Change Professional
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 9/28/23
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Policy And Law, Sustainability|
|Tags||Outreach, Climate Change|