Environmental Education Intern
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, California
|Job Type||Paid Internship|
|Salary Details||$17.21 - $20.92/Hourly*|
|Deadline||Apr 03, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Are you currently a student and interested in connecting with the great outdoors?
Gain experience as an Environmental Education Intern in the Regional Parks Department!
This paid internship position will afford an undergraduate college student excellent hands-on, directly relevant work experience. To qualify for the position, you must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time academic or vocational curriculum at an accredited college or university.
Environmental Education Interns learn about and support the following areas:
- Learn how to and assist in delivering hands-on programs to field trip groups at various park locations (listed here)
- Assist with setup and cleanup of program materials
- Assist with staffing public visitation of the EDC
- Learn how to assist in delivering summer camp programs and nature focused youth development programs
- Support other park programs as needed, such as interpretive nature hikes and special events (which may occur during weekdays, weekends, and evenings)
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A passion for working with children and teaching
- High degree of energy and the ability to improvise, instruct, and ensure the safety of program participants
- Availability for a minimum of two days per week, up to 24 hours/week, and commit to at least 12 months of employment
- A background in natural sciences, natural resources management, biology, or child development
- Familiarity with teaching methodologies and current educational science standards (this is highly desired, but not required as interns will receive training in subject matter and curriculum)
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, and to apply, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|