|Salary Details||Starting 13.50/hr|
|Deadline||Mar 01, 2024|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Environmental Educator at Fenton Ranch in the Jemez Mountains
Fenton Ranch is an environmental education facility located in a beautiful canyon in the Jemez Mountains 80 miles north of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fenton Ranch offers many environmental education lessons and activities (hiking, fishing, exploring) that encourage youth, ages 4 to 11, to grow into environmental stewards. Fenton Ranch also encourages youth to grow as individuals by facilitating experiences that foster independence, self-confidence, and creative thinking. The mission of the Fenton Ranch program is to provide all students at Manzano Day School with yearly environmental education experiences.
- Lead and facilitate a variety of environmental science lessons.
- Lead and facilitate various outdoor activities, such as hiking, archery, noncompetitive games, canoeing, birding, and nature journaling.
- Complete logistical and maintenance requests as assigned
- Play, laugh, and share in the joy of learning with very enthusiastic youth.
- Staff Orientation will be from April 1st through April 5th, 2024
- Programming will take place between April 8th and May 17th, 2024
- Individuals will receive housing and hourly pay starting at $13.50 per hour. Individuals traveling from out of state for this position will be eligible for travel reimbursement of $150.
- Weekends are free for exploring the area -- ancient Puebloan sites, hot springs, and wilderness areas full of biking, hiking, fishing, and rock climbing opportunities. Nearby Jemez Springs is a pleasant mountain village, and Los Alamos is 40 miles away.
Other Position Logistics: All applicants will complete a background check. Housing is in a rustic cabin on the property. Pets are not permitted. Fenton Ranch is in a remote part of the Jemez Mountains, so a car is helpful. There is a desktop computer, a landline, and wifi. The staff is small and will work and live cooperatively.
- Minimum high school diploma, preferred bachelor’s degree
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, and cooperation skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several major activities simultaneously
- Experience with teaching or leading elementary-aged children
- Experience or an interest in outdoor recreation activities: hiking, biking, camping, canoeing
- Appreciation for the natural world and an interest in teaching environmental education
- Comfortable working outdoors, including warm and cold weather, rain, and sun
- Applicants should be reliable, mature, enthusiastic, creative, and independent
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Brad Hall, Director of Fenton Ranch, at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|