Wilson Construction has an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager based in Corona, California. Wilson Construction Environmental Services was established in 2005 as part of a company-wide commitment to integrating environmental compliance into all our projects. Our team of environmental professionals brings diverse expertise and experience to our projects. Our people are proficient in permitting, protection of biological, cultural, and water resources, onsite inspection and monitoring, erosion and sediment control implementation, mitigation planning, spill response, restoration and revegetation, and environmental training. We apply these skills to help energy grid modernization, expansion of renewable energy transmission, and creation of information infrastructure. Our staff receive training and support to facilitate their competency and growth.
The Environmental Manager oversees permitting and compliance efforts across our southern California operations. Their duties may include but are not limited to estimating environmental costs of projects, managing the protection of environmental resources during construction, coordinating and planning with project teams to facilitate construction progress, ensuring implementation of project environmental requirements, training/mentoring new hires, and compliance with environmental regulations for our southern California facilities. This position requires work in office and field settings as well as travel. Candidate must be client-focused and work well in a professional and team-oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office applications required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing environmental staff and subcontractors.
- Developing plans to meet environmental requirements on a given project.
- Project cost estimating and managing project environmental budgets.
- Conducting field monitoring and inspections for environmental compliance (hydrocarbon spills, erosion and sediment control, sensitive resource mitigation).
- Writing and obtaining permits.
- Availability to travel to projects as needed.
- Availability to spend extended periods of time at project locations distant from the Corona office.
- Coordination and communication with the Environmental Services Department staff in Canby, Oregon and other office locations.
- Interaction and effective communication with all levels of Project Management staff, field superintendents, clients, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with proven environmental permitting experience; graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with client account management experience.
- Experience in the full spectrum of client service, starting with positioning activities, proposal development, and delivery of project designs.
- Must have considerable knowledge and/or experience in environmental permitting/compliance with CWA, ESA, historic preservation, NEPA, CEQA, etc. California experience preferred.
- Desire to learn and to keep permitting and professional knowledge current.
- Exceptional technical skills and experience managing environmental permitting and compliance projects. Experience in the electrical utility industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and personality types.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to work outside and travel, as necessary.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k), personal time off and holiday pay.
Wilson Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page: www.wilsonconst.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|
|Tags||Permitting, Environmental Consulting, Environmental Planning|