Wilson Construction Company has an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager based in Corona, California. The Environmental Department specializes in environmental permitting and compliance management as it relates to the electrical utility construction industry. Our team brings expertise to construction projects in the areas of permitting, onsite inspection and monitoring, erosion and sediment control implementation, mitigation planning, restoration and revegetation, and environmental training.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for managing permitting and compliance efforts across our southern California operations. These duties may include but are not limited to estimating environmental costs of construction projects, managing environmental resources to support construction projects, coordinating and planning with project teams to facilitate construction progress, ensuring implementation of project environmental requirements, training/mentoring new hires, and compliance of environmental regulations for the Corona facility. This position may also include time spent in the field at job sites. Desired applicant will have considerable experience with all aspects of environmental permitting, including CWA, RHA, ESA, Section 106, NEPA, CEQA, etc. Candidate must be highly motivated, client-focused, and work well in a professional and team-oriented environment. Candidate must also have the ability to manage a heavy workload and travel as needed. Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office applications required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage environmental staff and subcontractors.
- Developing plans to meet environmental requirements on a given project.
- Estimating and managing project environmental costs.
- Conducting field monitoring and inspection for environmental compliance (hydrocarbon spills, erosion and sediment control, sensitive resource mitigation).
- Writing and obtaining permits.
- Availability to travel to projects as needed.
- Availability to spend extended periods of time at project locations distant from the Corona office.
- Coordination and communication with the Environmental Department in Canby, Oregon.
- Interaction and effective communication with all levels of Project Management staff, field superintendents, clients, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with proven environmental permitting experience; graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with client account management experience.
- Experience in the full spectrum of client service, starting with positioning activities, proposal development, and delivery of project designs.
- Must have considerable knowledge and/or experience in environmental permitting, including CWA, RHA, ESA, Section 106, NEPA, CEQA, etc. California experience preferred.
- Exceptional technical skills and experience managing environmental permitting and compliance projects in the electrical utility industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and personality types.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to work outside and travel, as necessary.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
This position requires a candidate that thrives in high-pressure, fast-paced environments due to a high volume of work, tight deadlines, and our dedication to customer satisfaction. Candidates must be able to work on projects in a team environment and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and customers.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k), personal time off and holiday pay.
Wilson Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page:
No phone calls please.
No agency referrals please.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|
|Tags||Permitting, Environmental Planning, Environmental Consulting|