Meagher County Stewardship Council
White Sulphur Springs, Montana
The Executive Director position includes the following responsibilities:
- Attends Council meetings and serves as Council staff
- Manages the overall effectiveness and quality of the organization's operations
- Plans, directs, and coordinates Council activities to ensure organizational goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Serves as the link between Council members and staff
- Ensures execution of Council policies and procedures
- Manages Council staff and contractors in compliance with organizational personnel policies
- Prepares and oversees the Council's annual budget by working with the Finance Committee to ensure financial accountability.
- Coordinates and executes fundraising activities. When appropriate, engages Council members in fundraising efforts
- Keeps the Council informed of ongoing budgetary allocations, including any needed adjustments
- Leads strategic planning efforts
- Develops and implements the annual operating plan within the context of the Council's Strategic Plan
- Serves as a joint spokesperson with the Council Chair
- Manages the development of public relations and the public image of the Council
- Informs the Council of the progress and status of activities by issuing regular reports on essential projects and internal matters
- Identifies and recruits organization supporters, donors, and collaborators
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative relationships with program partners and the public
- Prepares, schedules, and facilitates Council meetings in collaboration with the Council Chair
- Serve as a liaison to all constituents, including Sandfire, communicating in a transparent fashion
The Council is looking for applicants that bring the following qualifications:
- Lives in Meagher County or will relocate to the county within a reasonable time frame of acceptance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Strong collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of state economic trends and impacts on rural communities
- Fundraising experience and track record
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and within budget
- Effective and professional staff-management skills
- In-depth knowledge of the issues pertaining to the mission of the organization
- Proven experience as a catalyst and strategist with a futures-oriented vision.
- Basic knowledge of hard rock mining from a community standpoint
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with the Council members, the mine's local leadership, and community leaders.
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience and skill required to effectively drive multiple initiatives as an individual contributor, collaborator, and employee of a volunteer group
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel to perform specific duties
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|