We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry Division, Camino District, has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help manage the Company’s timberlands in El Dorado and Placer counties. Work will be out of our Camino, CA office. Successful candidates should live in one of the surrounding counties.
About The Position
- Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THPs), including research, field work, and mapping
- Administer contracts and oversee contract operations including marking, logging and road construction
- Effectively and professionally interact with state regulatory agencies
- Assist in reforestation activities, including planting and site preparation
- Perform forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
- Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass, and GPS
- California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam
- Familiar with the California Forest Practice Rules and THP preparation
- Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs
- Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
- Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $110,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Tana Hartman, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.