We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are seeking a qualified Procurement Forester to assist the Procurement Manager in implementing the log procurement program at our division in Quincy, CA.
About The Position
- Appraisal and purchase of logs and timber from both private and public sources
- Administration of timber sale contracts, including oversight of logging and road building contractors
- Monitor log utilization and quality control guidelines
- Conduct monthly physical log deck inventory
- Maintain log cost and scheduling data using log accounting software
- Effectively and professionally interact with private landowners, federal, state and local agencies
- Work in support of the Company’s goals and objectives
- Work independently and safely in mountainous terrain and all-weather conditions
- Degree in Forestry, or related field preferred
- Experience that includes: log procurement, log marketing, log scaling, cruising, logging supervision, contract administration, and general forestry-related work
- Understanding of logging and road construction operations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven to be a reliable self-starter with a strong work ethic and safety conscious
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to navigate remote areas
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $130,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.