The General Maintenance Technician Job Summary:
We are an Ecological Restoration firm focused on mission driven conservation and restoration-oriented projects throughout the Midwest. Our clients include but are not limited to: The Nature Conservancy, DNR, DNP, US Forest Service, numerous Land trusts, and private landowners. This position is responsible for assisting with maintaining our fleet of trucks, trailers, and a wide variety of equipment. For interested and experienced applicants there may be opportunities to work in the field as well, but this is not required.
The General Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems. The position may also be required to assist with basic DOT compliance needs. Equipment includes but is not limited to the following: agricultural sprayers, backpack sprayers, pacer style transfer pumps, chainsaws and chains, brush saws and blades, UTV fleet (John Deere, Kubota, Polaris), Tractors and a variety of implements, skid steers and a variety of implements, Vehicle fleet (F350’s, F150’s, a variety of trailers), etc. This would be a part-time position with some flexibility on the days worked with an estimate of 30-40 hours a week. Hours may fluctuate slightly in both directions from week to week. Eligable applicants with the interest and ability to work in the field will have the potential for 40+ haours a week if desired. ***Qualified experienced mechanics interested in the position but looking for less hours are encouraged to apply and explain the need for less hours. We would be more than willing to be flexibile on the amount of hours applied to the equipment maintenace aspect.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Assists with cleaning of muddy, dusty, or generally dirty equipment.
- Assists with basic Fleet maintenance and State of Readiness
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using building’s blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Knowledge of basic small engine and vehicle maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Some on-the-job training offered.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Please e-mail resume to:
Matt Fox email@example.com
Eco Logic is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Restoration|