|Salary Details||$69,107 - $89,835 per year|
|Deadline||Nov 29, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
These are term positions (more than 1 year) with an initial appointment expecting to last at least 13 months but may be extended up to a total of four years, or more based on any changes to regulations governing the number of years term appointments may last, without further competition. Term positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
The National Park Service retains the right to extend the duration of this appointment after selection and/or appointment, based on changes to the regulation governing the number of years term appointments may last. This change, which may be made at the agency's sole discretion and without further competition, shall not be construed or interpreted as the granting of a right to a selectee or employee to such an extension. No extension to a term appointment shall be granted to a selectee/employee to an amount of time that exceeds the maximum number of years authorized under any present or current regulation, unless such regulation expressly allows such action.
Some of the duties you will perform will include, but are not limited to:
- Leads project teams in application of geographic information systems (GIS) using geospatial data and techniques to meet project goals.
- Designs, develops, and manages GIS and database management systems. Implements data documentation procedures and distribution using appropriate technologies. Ensures the correct and appropriate application of geographic and cartographic concepts and principles are applied to database construction, analyses, and production of high quality digital and hardcopy GIS products.
- Provides technical support in GIS and GPS to a wide variety of skill/knowledge levels in GIS AND wide variety of needed uses of GIS data and applications.
- Collects, develops, and manages GIS data according to specific procedures and industry best practices for park management and decision making.
- Shares GIS data as geospatial data services and develop and share web mapping applications displaying GIS data.
- Analyzes geospatial and related data to find answers or gain geographic perspective to/on park management/operations /decision-making. Reports on analytical procedures and outcomes via report production and presentation to varied audiences.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|