Geologic Resource Assistant Intern
|Job Type||Paid Internship|
|Salary Details||Weekly Stipend of $750 per week|
Join us. Do Work that Matters!
MobilizeGreen seeks a conservation minded Geologic Resource Assistant (RA) Intern to serve 32 weeks with the Region 9- Regional Office. The Geologic RA will work on title and deed digital documentation following the written guidelines to compile a spreadsheet, various letters, and a GIS layer outlining all of the lands where the mineral estate or specific mineral commodity has reverted back into federal holdings. This work will be performed with a laptop and a monitor. Alternating days the RA will meet with the manager to discuss any issues, concerns, or for general guidance. The program will include a one week orientation outlining the process and the written guidance. During the process, the RA will be expected to produce a map in ArcPro for use throughout the FS and to share with other agencies. Excel, Word, ArcPro are necessary skills.
The RA will work from the location of their choice. They will be expected to have access to a computer from 7:30 am through 7:00 pm. The work schedule is flexible but the work hours must be completed during these timeframes. This is a full-time (40 hour) office position.
The Resource Assistants Program is designed for recent graduates and new professionals to launch their natural and cultural resources careers. The RA will receive hands-on learning experience, mentorship, and coaching to complete mission-critical work while developing leadership, critical thinking, and strategic communication skills. This is a developmental program.
MobilizeGreen is an organization committed to diversity. Women, people of color, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.
Location: The RA will be serving 100% remote. Upon completion, it is hopeful that the RA can travel to the unit that they completed and see the location first hand. Travel is dependent on travel restrictions and availability of the unit. The RA will be expected to participate in the group meetings with the entire team.
Host Unit: Region 9 Regional Office.
Term: 32 weeks, 40 hours per week, virtual, starting June 11,2023.
Duty Station: The RA will be serving 100% remote.
- Weekly Stipend of $750 per week
- $1000 per month housing stipend
- Hands on learning and job training experience
- Site travel stipend eligible
- 2-year direct hiring certificate with the Forest Service (with successful completion and 960 hours)
- Health insurance option available at no cost to Resource Assistant
- Mentorship for career and professional development
- Gather data from digital sources by reading the entries.
- Enter data into a spreadsheet and cross-verify for accuracy.
- Gather deeds associated from the digital source and read the deeds in their entirety.
- Create a folder schema consistent with the process on a cloud drive.
- Enter deeds and draft letters into the folders.
- Create Map in ArcPro outlining the mineral estate finding from the deeds, title books, and other digital sources.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Geography/GIS, or Geology, within 0-5 years out of school.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in MS Excel and Word.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in ArcPro.
- Attention to detail.
Click this link to apply.
Competitive selection process; positions filled on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply ASAP.
For more information on MobilizeGreen go to: www.mobilizegreen.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|