|Salary Details||Commensurate with experience|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Employer: Turner Enterprises Management, LLC
Supervisory Position: No
Job Title: Grounds and House Assistant
Uses Time & Attendance: No
Location: Lamont, Florida
Division: Avalon Plantation
Home Department: Avalon - 000005
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full Time Fluctuating Work Week / Benefits Eligible
Housing Provided: No
TURNER SOUTHEAST DIVISION SUMMARY
The Southeast Division of Turner Enterprises manages private homes and properties used as retreats and hunting lodges while engaging in conservation, research and remaining at the forefront of education in wildlife, forest, and sound land management.
Our mission statement, “To manage Turner Lands in an economically sustainable and environmentally sensitive manner while promoting the conservation of native species and habitats” directs our balanced stewardship of the land while integrating game management, conservation, and sometimes commerce.
We are passionate about improving land health and diversity through ecologically conscious land management. We look to hire team members and vendors who understand and are willing to support the practices that enhance the biodiversity of the property while managing for select species on each property. The Turner Team consists of a variety of professionals from diverse backgrounds who provide a unique balance of knowledge and insight into the stewardship of our properties. We collaborate and work together to reach goals. We provide an atmosphere where team members can grow and progress through work experience, training, and community involvement.
If you are passionate about the outdoors and guest services, please come be part of something great at Avalon Plantation!
Avalon Plantation is located between Lamont and Monticello, Florida and is approximately 35 minutes from the capital city of Tallahassee. It is in the Red Hills region of Florida which is known for its rich biodiversity, rolling hills and red clay. The property primarily operates as a hunting property managed for the production of quail, timber and other wildlife.
Avalon is a spectacular 20,000-acre plantation that includes longleaf and other pine, old oaks, natural lakes, plenty of habitat for quail, deer other species of wildlife. The property hosts programs to help restore the Gopher Tortoise and the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grounds and House Assistant, under the direction of the Grounds and Activities Manager, will primarily be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the landscaped grounds and gardens around the Avalon Plantation main house, guest houses and outbuildings. The objective is to preserve the beauty and design of the lawn, gardens and facilities while creating and maintaining a beautiful and manicured appearance to maximize the experiences of family and guests. The position will also assist with indoor housework as needed.
As a Grounds and House Assistant, key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily early morning inspection of the landscaped grounds and guest housing areas.
- Cleaning, repairing, and addressing items found that need attention or correction.
- Mowing, trimming, pruning, application of fertilizer, raking lawns and garden beds as directed by the supervisor.
- Blowing, sweeping and general cleanup after mowing and trimming operations.
- Safely operate UTV, mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, and other equipment.
- Participate in company safety programs.
- Perform routine and frequent preventative maintenance and care of all associated equipment and maintain organization of the groundskeeping shop and areas of responsibilities.
- Safely use hand and power tools and shop equipment.
- Assist with irrigation and sprinkler system adjustment, repair, and operations.
- Assist the Grounds and Activities Manager with seasonal décor during guest visits and with any planned activities.
- Assist with main and guest house preparation and upkeep including but not limited, to general housework and cleaning, laundry, ironing, bedmaking, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, polishing silver and brass, food prep, serving meals, washing dishes, and interacting with guests.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
To perform the job successfully, the ideal candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must demonstrate care and compassion for team members both in and out of the department.
- Must put needs of team members above their own.
- Must be self-directed, energetic, and motivated with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must be creative and willing to work with existing core philosophy and style.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, congeniality, integrity, and sound judgement.
- Must demonstrate clean work habits.
- The successful employee will always conduct themselves in a professional manner in and out of the work setting.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work individually or part of a team.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be punctual, follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
- Must commit to long hours when necessary to meet goals, work with minimal supervision, act independently in the absence of a supervisor; exercise discretion, tact, and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to shift seamlessly between areas of operation.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. 4+ years of direct related work experience is required.
The employee must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The employee must possess math skills to assist with measuring quantities or reading a tape measure. The employee must be able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
If position requires the operation of a vehicle, the employee must possess a valid Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. The employee’s driving record must meet the standards and requirements of the Company and the Company's insurance carrier.
- The employee must adhere to Company policies and procedures which are included in the Company’s Employee Handbook.
- The employee must present documentation establishing both identity and employment authorization within three (3) days of hire pursuant to federal law.
- The candidate may be subject to undergo a pre-employment drug test, (after offer is given but before applicant has commenced work). Random drug tests may be given throughout the year.
- The Company operates as a drug free/smoke free workplace. Smoking is not allowed in buildings or on equipment owned, leased, or operated by the Company.
- The position will sometimes require work on nights, weekends, and holidays, especially during peak guest season from November through March. This position will sometimes require work above eight hours in a workday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, dig with various tools, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee may be required to drive an ATV, UTV or heavy equipment. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee will be required to use chemicals and fertilizers associated with gardening, lawn maintenance and cleaning. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is sometimes exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fire, and smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be alert and aware of dangers that are present while working. The position sometimes requires work in remote areas.
*In accordance with applicable law, the Company will reasonably accommodate any disabled individual who requests an accommodation that will allow him/her to perform the essential job duties or functions of his/her position. Accommodation inquires must be made to the Company’s Human Resources Department for consideration.”
Turner Enterprises Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free/Drug-Free Workplace.
For more information, and to apply online, visit www.tedturner.com.
For more information, and to apply online, visit www.tedturner.com or https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fef73240-d834-42e7-9814-43ab0ff0c077&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=477183&source=CC2&lang=en_US.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|