This position will deliver a unique, engaging and entertaining experience to all guests and is responsible for providing exemplary service in a professional and courteous manner. This role will also deliver a positive guest experience, while providing memorable guest moments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of the operating policies and procedures for the Guest Experience Department.
- In collaboration with the Guest Experience Manager, review customer satisfaction and trends to anticipate needs and meet guest expectations.
- Observe and report daily facility conditions and situations to the Guest Experience Manager.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff scheduling across the department to ensure efficient and appropriate coverage.
- Ensure all staff receive their allocated break and ensure daily coverage.
- Ensure the facility is clean, safe and presented to the highest of standards.
- In collaboration with Guest Experience Manager, ensure all admission and sales data is captured to maximize reporting potential.
- Monitor and manage guest experience and flow to ensure a safe and enjoyable journey.
- Monitor, manage and ensure all guest experience targets are achieved.
- Lead the Guest Experience team to deliver memorable and unique experiences to guests.
- Assist in the implementation of department training programs to achieve the best guest experience.
- Assist in the training and development of team members to provide the necessary skills and knowledge in order to perform their jobs.
- Entertain, engage and empower team members to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Motivate and inspire team members to perform at their very best through role modeling, providing feedback, reward and recognition, respect and frequent communication.
- Assist in overseeing on-the-job training programs in order to establish the needs of the business.
- Supervision of other subsidiary attractions as required, such as Ropes Course & Mirror Maze.
- Supervision of other areas as required, such as Merchandise and Photography.
- Work closely with all internal and external departments to foster an outstanding and seamless guest experience throughout Union Station.
- In collaboration with the Life Sciences Department, ensure animal welfare and care standards are upheld.
- In collaboration with Life Sciences Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure exhibits and programs engage, educate and entertain diverse audiences.
- Work closely with the Aquarium Foundation to ensure volunteers and educators provide exemplary guest service and engagement.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- One to two years in a supervisory role, ideally in the tourism or hospitality related industry.
- Experience supervising teams preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills.
- Commercial understanding and the ability to anticipate guests’ needs.
- Technically minded and proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
To apply for this position directly:
To view our other open positions:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Outdoor Recreation, Admin & Leadership|