|Salary Details||$65,000-85,000 annually, depending on education and experience|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Nexus Environmental Consultants, Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Technical Author to provide assistance drafting technical reports and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents. Duties would include, but would not be limited to, working with a team of environmental specialists, drafting and reviewing technical reports, drafting sections of NEPA documents, and assistance with other project-related tasks.
The successful candidate shall be able to assist with writing technical documents and on NEPA projects from start to finish, and shall possess the following job knowledge, skills and abilities, including:
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project software.
- Ability to critically think about the available information and determine if it meets NEPA sufficiency or identify specific additional information that would be required for NEPA sufficiency.
- Must possess excellent writing skills, and be able to communicate effectively with large and diverse groups.
- Must possess willingness to assist with additional project-related tasks as needed.
- General familiarity with baseline studies relating to biology, geology, wildlife, noise, air quality, wetlands, and other key areas.
- Knowledge of NEPA and general familiarity with a variety of agency regulations.
- Clearly communicate with other team members including project managers, technical editors, biologist, and GIS specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or similar.
- Four years’ experience in similar field or a post-graduate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite and Adobe PDF.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with others.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to safety and safety protocols and standards.
- Ability to efficiently and/or effectively work from home.
Previous NEPA experience, including drafting and reviewing EAs or EISs.
Working understanding of ArcMap Geographic Information Systems
Nexus is an emerging environmental consulting firm with projects within the western United States. Our wide range of business sectors we serve includes mining, energy, commercial, industrial, and public entities. We offer outstanding career opportunities for talented environmental professionals, and we offer competitive salaries along with the following benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching contributions.
- Health Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
If qualified, please submit a resume to email@example.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|
|Tags||GIS, Permitting, Environmental Consulting|