Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or higher in natural resource management, business/economics, real estate, law, or a related discipline.
Job Description: Land Acquisition Specialists are responsible for engaging with landowners to secure land for environmental restoration projects.
- Establish landowner relationships for potential land restoration sites.
- Coordinate with Eco Terra’s technical staff to properly evaluate potential land restoration sites.
- Clearly communicate the status of land transactions in order to identify and address issues that may impede the execution of a land option or purchase.
- Assist in overseeing third-party land contractors and consultants.
- Engage landowners to secure the required documentation to establish mitigation banks.
- Continue landowner support after documentation is signed and until the mitigation site is fully established.
- Additional tasks may be assigned if necessary.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including landowners, third-party developers, government officials, and corporate leaders.
- Weekly travel within the state of North Carolina.
- Occasional fieldwork with the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- 40-50 hour workweeks, with variability around various peak seasons.
- Should have TSA-Pre or Global Entry or will be required to obtain one if hired by Eco Terra.
- Must have a personal vehicle as the use of it may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of or experience with farmland
- The ability to effectively negotiate
- Effective decision-making skills and an ability to execute under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365; CRM tools a plus
- Knowledge of real estate fundamentals is a plus
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|General / Stewardship, Restoration