|Deadline||Dec 31, 2022|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
OVERVIEW: The Land Conservation Coordinator is a multi-faceted position with responsibilities that include assisting with conservation easement, land acquisition, and land conservation outreach projects. The Land Conservation Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director.
- Communicate with potential conservation easement donors, assist landowners with completing conservation easement applications, and secure supporting documentation as requested by Conservation Project Manager.
- Draft Conservation Plans and project highlights for each land project.
- Prepare initial drafts of land acquisition contracts and conservation easements
- Assist land department with conservation easement and land acquisition due diligence including
- Securing title reports and supporting documents, appraisals, surveys, and environmental assessments.
- Ensuring all due diligence is provided to TennGreen in a timely manner from vendors.
- Communicating with vendors to remedy any due diligence problems.
- Coordinate strategic landowner engagement activities throughout Tennessee including
- Identifying locations for and scheduling outreach events.
- Ensuring the outreach site is set up for the event (e.g., AV equipment available, coffee and refreshments are ordered, presenters are prepared).
- Assisting with mailings to landowners.
- Following up with landowners who expressed interest in TennGreen conservation programs.
- Assist with maintaining project and landowner contact records in Raisers Edge and track signage dispersal for conservation easements.
- Process mail and answer general phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, biology, conservation, outdoor education, environmental education, or related field.
- Professional field experience in related land conservation field.
- General understanding of land use principles and land conservation issues.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and other mapping tools (preferred).
- Familiarity with the geography, natural resources, and culture of Tennessee.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Adobe.
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to relate well and establish rapport with diverse audiences.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize projects.
- Sharp organizational skills.
- Ability to work across teams to achieve a common goal.
- High attention to detail.
Working Hours & Location: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with flexibility and occasional travel. The position will be located at TennGreen’s office at 1213 16th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212.
Salary & Benefits: The Land Conservation Coordinator is a full-time salaried position, with occasional evening and weekend work. Starting salary is $40,000 - $42,000 based on experience, with opportunities for annual performance-based salary increases. Benefits package includes optional health/dental/vision insurance and a retirement savings plan (with matching contributions after two years).
About TennGreen Land Conservancy: TennGreen Land Conservancy empowers landowners and communities to protect large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all. In 2023, we will celebrate our 25th anniversary of having conserved nearly 50,000 acres of Tennessee’s fields, forests, wetlands, and land along rivers and streams.
OUR VALUES: At TennGreen Land Conservancy, we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We strive to nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative—where there’s a deep sense of belonging and respect across every region, organization, and individual touched by our work. We pledge ourselves to the work of understanding and honoring diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences and endeavor to actively uplift our values of justice and equity in everything we do.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 31, 2022.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Land Trust|