Summer Camp Counselor & Leads
Schoolhouse Of Wonder
Durham, NC, North Carolina
|Salary Details||$15-$18 / hour|
|Deadline||May 19, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
A Summer Camp Counselor is an important member of our field team. They help create magical and impactful day camps for children ages 5-12 or teens 13-17. A Summer Camp Counselor works throughout our summer camp season which runs May through August.
As a Camp Counselor, you'll be spending your time:
- Working with a group of 2-3 staff members and a small group of children or teens in games, hikes, skill-based activities, river and creek explorations, storytelling, songs, building forts, whittling, and crafts;
- Mentoring and coaching Counselors and Junior Counselors;
- Communicating with Schoolhouse staff and camp parents;
- Managing your group, your timing, and camper behavior;
- Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of participants;
- Working with your supervisor to deliver camp activities and maintain and prepare supplies.
Compensation is $15-$16 per hour for counselors, and $17-$18 per hour for leads. This position begins May 20th and runs through August 25th.
We have Summer Lead Camp Counselor opportunities available at our locations in Durham, Orange, and Wake County. Travel to off-site locations is occasionally required.
Hours are dependent on organizational needs. Hours typically total between 40 hours and 50 hours per week and range from 7:30a – 6p Monday through Friday. Any hours worked beyond 45 during any single week will be classified as overtime. Occasional weekends and/or evenings may be required. We require current pediatric and adult CPR and First Aid certification by the first day of work. We accept certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI).
First, make sure you have the following:
- A cover letter that explains your interest in working as a Lead Counselor at Schoolhouse of Wonder (maximum one page). Please include your email and phone number.
- Your resume (maximum one page). Do not include photos of yourself on your resume.
- Your cover letter and resume need to be a single document
Second, Summer Lead Counselor APPLY HERE
Summer Camp Counselor APPLY HERE
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Outdoor Recreation, Environmental Education|