Light / Farm Equipment Operator
Resource Environmental Solutions LLC
RES is looking for a Light / Farm Equipment Operator for ecological restoration projects, based out of our Hobart, IN office.
Our Operators work on a variety of stream and wetland restoration projects and ecological restoration projects for solar fields. Work is seasonally steady and often requires up to 60 hours per week (overtime is paid) with opportunities for weekend work during peak periods. Our teams travel up to 75% within the region including overnight stays of 1-6 nights for some job sites (per diem is paid).
If you are self-motivated and dependable, convinced that sustainable human progress is possible, and are an avid outdoorsman – this is the right job for you. Usually working with a team of 5 people and up to three teams together, you will be supported by a solid team and experience and an exceptional sense of camaraderie.
What your day-to-day might look like?
In the field, you will be operating equipment, including excavators (10,000 lbs.- 60,000 lbs.), tracked dump trucks, bulldozers, skid steers, Small-medium sized tractors (40-125hp), Marsh Masters, ATVs, Zero-Turn Lawn Mowers, and Gators. Experience driving large pick-up trucks and hauling trailers will also be helpful. You will also be operating chainsaws and gas-powered brush cutters & augers.
The main tasks to execute are the following:
- Invasive brush clearing, tree felling, planting, seeding, erosion, and sediment controls
- Maintenance and mowing of solar fields through equipment operation and herbicide application.
- Restoration activities, including identifying and protecting native species, identifying, and controlling invasive species, and site clearing.
- Loading plant and project materials at nurseries and other suppliers
Please note that we also work outside come rain or come shine, and are exposed to insects including ticks and mosquitoes, or poisonous plants such as poison ivy. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is needed.
We would like to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2 or more years working with large or farming equipment.
- Keen interest in natural resources and outdoors.
What will make you stand out:
- 1 or more years working on natural resource or water resource infrastructure projects
- Prior experience performing native seed and plant installation, including erosion control measures
- Native plant identification knowledge
- Experience with the repair and maintenance of small engines and equipment
- Class-A commercial driver’s license
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|