Market Development Manager, US East
Marine Stewardship Council
|Deadline||Apr 10, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
- Participate in the development and implementation of MSC’s US commercial strategy and action plan, in close collaboration with the Senior Market Manager, US.
- Co-lead the US Market Development Strategy in partnership with the Market Development Manager, US West.
- Lead the implementation of the US commercial strategy in the Eastern US, in close coordination with the Commercial Manager, US East.
- Assist in further development of the value proposition and engagement strategy for US account partners.
- Work with the team to ensure that processes for new partner onboarding and partner transitions between wide (low engagement) and deep (highly engaged) status are clearly understood and executed uniformly.
- Identify issues and obstacles to the effective delivery of the program, and devise and propose solutions to those obstacles; while the primary focus will be on effective functioning of the Chain of Custody and Logo License progress in the US region, due consideration is required of the global nature of the MSC program and the need for solutions that are applicable across all markets important to the MSC.
- As needed, serve as the team lead on key strategic working groups within the MSC.
- Maintain a portfolio of deep partners in the US; maintain portfolio of or support on wide partners, as needed. Work with the team to find more effective and efficient ways to manage partner relationships.
- Work with existing partners to improve their satisfaction with the MSC program and to build, deepen and strengthen their participation with the MSC.
- Ensure use of the MSC ecolabel is according to MSCI guidelines and coordinate closely with the Licensing team to pass on decisions led by the MSCI team on licensing and on-product ecolabel use.
- Coordinate and organise MSC events for supply chain companies from the US region for staff of certified companies or companies interested in certification. Prepare and give presentations at said events.
- Work closely with the US Marketing & Communications team to pitch and deliver effective co-marketing campaigns and other marketing initiatives to partners.
- Promote the MSC’s mission, vision, and value among the US seafood industry to gain broader industry support.
- Grow and develop the reach of the MSC program with partners throughout the seafood supply chain. Manage targeted outreach activities to potential partners in line with the global strategic plan and country level goals.
- Increase MSC-certified and labelled products in the US.
- Conduct market research and analysis as needed to assist in the development of the commercial team strategy.
- Work with the MSC’s fisheries teams to support MSC-certified fisheries in gaining access to the US marketplace.
- Identify key areas or sectors where the MSC has potential to expand our footprint in the US. Lead on the development of new initiatives and solutions.
- Represent the MSC at meetings and conferences, as appropriate. Identify and work to secure strategic, high value speaking opportunities for the MSC.
- Support on leading, motivating, and mentoring US commercial team members on the implementation of the commercial outreach strategy for the US
- Support and foster a collaborative team environment where ideas, strategies, projects, and asks for help can be shared openly among the team.
- Ensure that project management best practices are employed to deliver all commercial activities within strategy, budget and timelines.
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the Program Director, US; Regional Director, Americas; or Senior Market Manager, US.
Work to ensure that activities are tracked and reported appropriately in US and global online tools such as The Reef (Dynamics CRM), Teams channels, and SharePoint.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply and see the full job description, please follow this link: Market Development Manager, US East (current-vacancies.com)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Sustainability|