|Salary Details||$17.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on experience.|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
The Natural Garden, an ecological landscaping, native plant nursery, and habitat restoration company is seeking a highly motivated, highly qualified, individual to join our growing team. If you have a passion for plants with demonstrated skills in outreach, marketing and sales, we encourage you to apply for this position! We are in search of the right person to help us promote the importance of, and capitalize on the growing demand for, the use of native plants in home gardens and habitat restoration projects. The successful applicant will aid the Nursery Manager in the growing of healthy, market-ready plants and take a leading role in the education and marketing and sales of nursery stock and ecological landscaping and habitat restoration projects.
$17.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Direct and implement outreach to consumers and potential clients, including cold-calls, face-to-face education and promotion, and written materials (e.g. plant marketing signage and plant catalogue).
- Lead continued development of our marketing and sales strategy and protocols, from concept, to design, to the detailed reality.
- Coordinate with our nursery for Grab-N-Grow Plant Stand restocking/sales.
- Communicate and strategize with Nursery Manager and Designers about improvements, sales, and planning.
- Provide talk series to local native plant stand nurseries and other interested groups and clubs.
- Create seasonal and yearly strategic plans.
The Natural Garden promotes cross-training: You may be asked to help with the nursery , field team, or perform other duties as needs arise.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication and demonstrated ability to lead marketing and sales projects.
- Knowledge of native plants and a desire to know our native species in depth.
- Horticultural education and/or experience in a nursery setting preferred.
- Inspired and excited by working with the rapidly growing demand for native plants.
- Motivated and on time, efficient and organized.
- Have reliable transportation.
This position reports to the Company Leadership Team and works with Nursery Leadership, Field Managers, Landscape Designers, and others in the course of their work.
- Monday to Friday.
- Some Seasonal Weekend Availability.
- Ability to commute/relocate
- Harrisonburg, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
Interested candidate email Karl@thenaturalgarden.net. Include Cover letter, resume, and three professional. To learn more about The Natural Garden, go to thenaturalgarden.net or visit The Natural Garden on Facebook. Individuals from out of the area are encouraged to apply. While we cannot help you move here, we think you’ll love it when you do! Harrisonburg, VA has much to offer for arts, culture, food, and more. It gets even better! We are within easy reach of numerous natural resource destinations, an abundance of farm-to-table food and craft beverage options, year-round outdoor recreation opportunities historical and architectural destinations, and world class cultural amenities. Find
out more about Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah region.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Botany, Restoration|