|Salary Details||$130/day plus room and board (meals during program only)|
|Deadline||Dec 15, 2023|
Pacific Environmental Education Center (PEEC) is looking for an energetic person to be a naturalist at a well established residential outdoor education center located on the Pacific Coast in Mendocino County. Duties will include leading students in multi-day lessons on science and environmental education in the tide pools, sand dunes, and redwood forest of Northern California. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Lead groups of students in multi-day, hands-on, experiential and interactive environmental education and scientific explorations.
- Model responsible environmental literacy and environmental conservation.
- Manage students to successfully achieve the goals of the program and effectively adjust activities and programming according to the age, background and needs of the participants.
- Foster a safe and inclusive learning environment by delivering culturally responsive content, presenting multiple and balanced perspectives, amended by connecting subject matter to the lives and community of participants.
- Maintain student safety and comfort throughout long days on varied terrain, and adhere to risk management and COVID-19 Protocols.
- Participate in and lead evening programs (i.e night hikes, stargazing, campfire) after field days, multiple evenings per session.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science or a field related to environmental education and/or equivalent professional and life experiences
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible and long hours
- CPR & First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain before start date
- Start March 4th: Paid Staff Training
- 8-10 weeks of 3-5 day School Programming
- Potential for rehire for Fall Season (September-November 2024)
- $130 to $150 daily, dependent on education and experience as outlined by PEEC
- Housing is provided on site at MacKerricher State Park for duration of the program
- Meals provided during school programming
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start scheduling interviews on a rolling basis until our season is fully staffed!
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Tags||Naturalist, Nature Center|