Nature's Classroom at Ohio FFA Camp Muskingum is seeking enthusiastic, fun, and talented individuals excited to work with young people in our outdoor education program.We serve over 30 schools in Ohio that come to us for the ultimate camp experience. Students always remember their time at camp, and our instructors have the opportunity to impact and be a part of this special event in their lives! Take students on hikes, tour the nature center, and lead them through team-building activities while being yourself and enjoying a relaxed work environment on beautiful Leesville Lake. Weekends are all yours; take a trip to nearby Cleveland or Pittsburgh, or spend even more time outdoors at Cuyahoga National Park. You'll make new friends and work with a diverse group of individuals with a shared goal. Compensation starts at $425/week, extensive training, room, meals (when students are at camp), optional weekend work for additional pay, and the use of camp equipment during free time.
What makes our program different?
- Our staff does not supervise students at night and instead lives in our large, on-site staff house which includes free WiFi and laundry, satellite TV, and a full kitchen.
- Teach what you're passionate about or learn something new. We have many lesson plans for you to choose from each week. Want to develop a new class? Go right ahead! Science, history, art, survival- if you have something to teach the kids and you're excited about it, we want you to go for it!
Specific skills recommended:
- Passion for the outdoors and environmental practices
- Interest in educating and leading middle school students
- Initiative when starting and completing tasks
- High school degree
- History of working with children
- Ability to pass a background check
Responsibilities: (Training will be provided)
- Teaching classes that align with middle school educational standards
- Leading interpretive nature hikes
- Programing with live animal ambassadors
- Facilitating team-building experiences
- Promoting respect, personal growth and challenge by choice in all activities
- Collaborate with other educators and staff to support student learning and development
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
To apply please use Jot for link: https://form.jotform.com/53375520367154
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Naturalist, Nature Center