|Salary Details||$50,000 - 55,000 Annually|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides best-in-class environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery and inspiring stewardship of the planet. Through our programs, students explore the outdoors, connect with their peers, discover themselves and develop a lasting relationship with science and the environment around them.
What You Will Do:
The Operations Manager provides exceptional customer service for participants by accurately and efficiently managing logistics for groups attending programs. This position also facilitates and supports day-to-day program operations.
This position takes place at our campus in Olympic National Park (Port Angeles, WA) and cannot be performed remotely. The position is full time and has a one-month furlough while our campus is closed for the winter.
Your primary job will be to:
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with all campus teams prior to, during, and after programs.
- Contribute to a welcoming and safe environment that is responsive to the needs of guests.
- Track feedback and communicate with proper departments to drive program quality.
- Collaborate with the Operations Director to create educator schedules for programs ensuring that they are accurate and meet program needs.
- Communicate and coordinate medical and dietary arrangements with appropriate staff.
- Ensure conference paperwork is collected and filed correctly.
- Serve as receptionist and phone system operator.
- Support admin and finance staff, including entering purchase orders.
- Maintain day-to-day campus operational systems, including retail, petty cash, uniform inventory, supplies, etc.
- Occasionally teach and/or provide program support in the field as needed.
- Support site manager training and occasionally serve as site manager if program quality needs demand.
- Support implementation of Strategic Plan priorities including National level projects.
- $50,000-55,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after six months
- Generous paid vacation, training days and sick leave
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and more
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience with or willingness to learn CRM systems (Salesforce experience preferred) and Google online tools is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate detailed logistical information clearly and consistently with multiple audiences.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently on a collaborative team.
- Understanding of residential environmental education programs is preferred.
- Ability to manage and maintain technology and phone systems.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience with project management, able to assist the Director with coaching the Site Manager team.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of (or have extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Current Wilderness First Responder or first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 2+ years equivalent experience in a related field.
If you are interested in the role and do not meet every requirement listed, please still apply! We are interested in applicants with unique lived experience and skill sets.
*Employment eligibility is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on young people and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated staff who are passionate about the environment
- You want to be part of an organization that is invested in creating equitable and inclusive environments for staff and participants.
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based on any protected category, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression (including transgender expression or pregnancy), political affiliation, age, immigration status or disability. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require any accommodation.
Submit your resume and references to our Online Career Portal (link). Please answer the short answer questions in the application form in lieu of a cover letter.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|