|Salary Details||$525/week, plus room, board and a sickness/accidental insurance plan|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Title: Field Study Instructor/Naturalist
Work Dates: January/February 2023 – May 2023
Clemson University’s R.M Cooper 4-H Leadership Center
Clemson University’s Camp Bob Cooper is seeking instructors to join our amazing outdoor education and rentals team for our Spring Season (with the potential to stay on through Summer). We provide educational programs for elementary and middle schools around the state. Camp Bob Cooper is located in the Lowcountry of SC on a 110 acre peninsula on Lake Marion (SC’s largest lake). Our location provides a range of ecosystems being in a lake setting and an hour from the coast in Charleston. Instructors will be trained and teach children in aquatic ecology, forestry studies, wildlife ecology, soils science, natural history of the area, teams course, and high adventure (ropes courses and climbing wall). The job includes day and evening programs but no overnight supervision of school children in cabins. We also work with various private and public groups that want a rental experience in a camp setting.
- Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
- Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
- Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
- Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
- Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
- BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education, Marine Science, or Wildlife Biology.
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
$525/week plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: Send resumes to Megan Griffith at email@example.com subject line "Outdoor Education Instructor-Summerton"
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|
|Tags||Naturalist, Nature Center|