|Salary Details||$186.30/day, plus housing and meals|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Title: Outdoor Education Program Supervisor
Reports To: Site Manager
Salary: $186.30/day, plus housing and meals
Duration: Mid-Jan 2024 through Nov 2024
Location: Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray (Newport, OR) or Hancock Field Station (Fossil, OR)
This position summary is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Our Ideal Candidate: A dynamic individual with a strong learners mentality who is passionate about providing outdoor science education experiences to various audiences while living in a small community. We are looking for candidates with prior program management and/or project coordination experience and experience leading diverse groups of participants.
The Job: The Outdoor Education Program Supervisor is part of a team of passionate educators and learners committed to providing transformative concept-based outdoor science education experiences. They supervise seasonal staff and manage program logistics and assist the manager with staff onboarding and the daily operation of the site. Program Supervisors contribute to dismantling barriers and increasing inclusion and accessibility for all staff and participants. This unique residential position offers the opportunity to live, work, and play across the Pacific Northwest.
- Site Manager to provide support on camp programs, space, and more;
- Outdoor Science Instructors to lead outdoor science education experiences;
- Summer Camp Counselor to lead small groups of campers and with minor daily operation tasks;
- Camp Cook(s) to provide nourishment to entire camp staff and visitors;
- Maintenance Technician to assist with technical aspects within the camp.
Your Qualifications & Skills:
- Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor’ Degree;
- Prior classroom enrichment or youth engagement experience;
- Knowledge and/or passion for Ecology
- Ability to attain the following certifications: (CPR/AED; Wilderness First Responder; Oregon Food Handlers Card; Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License w/ air brake and passenger endorsement)
- Housing and meals provide for the duration of employment
- Free OMSI Membership
- Access to hundreds of museums and Oregon attractions
- Multiple health plans to choose from
- Paid time off
- Inclusion-centered professional development opportunities
All are welcome at OMSI: As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status. Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
For more information: https://omsi.edu/join-our-team/careers/work-with-omsi-outdoors/ or email email@example.com
Apply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/1033601
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|