|Salary Details||$155.25/day, plus housing and meals|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Title: Outdoor Science Instructor
Reports To: Outdoor Education Program Supervisor
Salary: $155.25/day, plus housing and meals
Duration: Mid-Feb 2024 through Mid-Nov 2024
Location: Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray (Newport, OR) or Hancock Field Station (Fossil, OR)
This position summary is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Our Ideal Candidate: A dynamic individual with a strong learners mentality who is passionate about providing transformative concept-based outdoor science education experiences to various campers and audiences while living in a small community.
The Job: Outdoor Science Instructors utilize already established curricula to generate and lead instructional plans that are learner-centered and place-based for all ages. Instructors teach concept-based curricula in a mix of outdoor & classroom. Additionally, instructors assist with driving participants to field locations throughout summer camp programming and tiding up the camp spaces. This unique residential position offers the opportunity to live, work, and play across the Pacific Northwest .
- Outdoor Education Program Supervisor(s) to support and coordinate programs;
- Summer Camp Counselor to lead small groups of campers and with minor daily operation tasks;
- Site Manager to provide support on camp programs, space, and more;
- Camp Cook(s) to provide nourishment to entire camp staff and visitors;
- Maintenance Technician to assist with technical aspects within the camp.
Your Qualifications & Skills:
- Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor’ Degree;
- Prior classroom enrichment or youth engagement experience;
- Knowledge and/or passion for Ecology
- Ability to attain the following certifications: (CPR/AED; Wilderness First Responder; Oregon Food Handlers Card; Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License w/ air brake and passenger endorsement)
- Housing and meals provide for the duration of employment
- Free OMSI Membership
- Access to hundreds of museums and Oregon attractions
- Multiple health plans to choose from
- Paid time off
- Inclusion-centered professional development opportunities
All are welcome at OMSI: As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status. Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
For more information: https://omsi.edu/join-our-team/careers/work-with-omsi-outdoors/ or email email@example.com
Apply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/1033570
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.