Park Planner I & II – County of Sonoma
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, California
|Salary Details||$5,842 - $8,971/Monthly*|
|Deadline||Jun 07, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Are you interested in becoming a park planner?
Join the County of Sonoma Regional Parks as a Park Planner I or II!
Salary starting at $33.59/hour ($70,106/year) and a competitive total compensation package!*
The County is currently recruiting to fill the Park Planner position at the I or II level. If you are interested in applying at the II level of this opportunity, you must submit a separate application to the recruitment currently being conducted for that level.
The Sonoma County Regional Parks Department is looking for a Park Planner I to assist with conducting park planning studies to design and expand parks, park facilities, structures, and trails in unincorporated Sonoma County. As a Park Planner I, you will work with existing staff in planning, establishing, and expanding park space in Sonoma County.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting in conducting preliminary field investigations of proposed parks and recreation sites to assess suitability and potential usage
- Assisting in determining size, configuration, access modes, and basic design of proposed parks
- Learning to coordinate the land acquisition process with land owners, title companies, appraisers, and related agencies
- Gathering information and evaluating public demand and usage needs, potential fiscal resources, and environmental requirements
- Preparing plan graphics, drawings, sketches, and color renderings
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience assisting with budgeting and estimating costs for park projects
- Strong public speaking, communication, and writing skills
- Knowledge of site planning and facility design
The County of Sonoma's Regional Parks system encompasses more than 50 parks, trails, and beaches in various locations from Petaluma to Gualala and Sonoma to Bodega Bay. Many offer wild landscapes while others feature sports fields, playgrounds, campgrounds, boat launches, and an environmental education center. Please visit http://parks.sonomacounty.ca.gov to learn more about the various programs and resources offered by the Regional Parks Department.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 6/07/23
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|