|Salary Details||Hiring Range: $56,479.00 - $67,774.00|
|Deadline||Oct 04, 2022|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Job Number: 22-03775
Closing: 10/4/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Hiring Range: $56,479.00 - $67,774.00
Work Day/Hours: Monday - Friday / 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(some evenings and weekends required)
Position devoted to professional urban planning services for the Parks and Recreation Department including land use planning, development review, parks and open space planning, landscape-based site compliance investigation and historic preservation.
An incumbent is responsible for providing technical assistance and information to customers; attending meetings and serving as a representative of the City; facilitating meetings of citizen groups and stakeholders and/or providing staff support; researching and compiling information and producing maps, conducting site investigations, graphic and narrative reports; reviewing development proposals for compliance; and coordinating with regional planning organizations and federal/state agencies.
- Performs professional planning duties to include conducting analyses, making recommendations on planning and development issues, conducting research studies, coordinating development review processes, performing site compliance investigations, conducting property assessments, conducting case reviews, investigating complaints, and identifying ordinance violations.
- Prepares, maintains, reviews, and/or approves graphic, narrative, and other reports, development proposals, plans/plats, maps, articles, and other documents; approves and issues certifications; prepares and makes presentations; maintains records and databases; researches and analyzes information; develops and makes recommendations; and ensures compliance with applicable ordinances, codes, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates with customers, regional planning organizations, and federal or state agencies, or City departments; attends community forums; participates, conducts, or leads meetings; provides technical assistance; represents the City’s policies and procedures to developers and other interested parties; responds to inquiries; mentors staff; and participates in negotiations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned..
- Providing long- and short-term parks and trails planning.
- Applying for funding and grants.
- Evaluating projects and implementing master plans.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, geography, architecture, engineering, forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, landscape architecture, or urban forestry or a directly related field.
- Two years of professional planning or related experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience using GIS (Geographic Information System) map applications, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign or Illustrator, or Sketch-up software.
- Experience in land management planning or park and trail development.
- Experience developing a public engagement session related to a park or planning project.
- Project management experience.
- Professional membership.
Important update on our COVID-19 process for new hires and employees:
All employees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will pay a $100 surcharge each month for their health insurance benefit during the subsequent benefits year if they remain unvaccinated through 12/31/2022.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Tags||Trail Maintenance, GIS, Environmental Planning|