State of Wyoming
ATTP99-2023-01817-Pheasant Distribution Driver-Sheridan
SALARY $19.40 Hourly
JOB TYPE Temporary
JOB NUMBER 2023-01817
DEPARTMENT 040-Game & Fish
OPENING DATE 08/31/2023
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a seasonal Pheasant Distribution Driver located in Sheridan, WY. The position performs and assists with pheasant loading, sorting, and stocking during pheasant release seasons. This position requires the use of 4 wheel drive trucks and trailers. Will assist bird farm personnel in handloading trucks and assuring pheasants are moved into loading and handling facilities safely. Assist with general care and maintenance of farm facilities and pheasant flock.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis / 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Move, sort, and load distribution vehicles with ringneck pheasants.
- Load truck and trailer with pheasants for scheduled releases at Sand Mesa and Ocean Lake WHMA's.
- Follow detailed stocking schedules and stock into specific locations statewide as necessary.
- Coordinates with regional and statewide personnel to safely and efficiently transport pheasants into stocking areas with varied stocking parameters.
- Maintains assigned vehicle, ATV, snowmobile, trailer, and other equipment.
- Documents and reports daily activities.
- Feeding and checking pheasants and flight pen perimeter and overall safety of pheasants daily.
- Remove snow from flight pens and buildings during and after storms.
- Assists with other farm tasks as time allows.
Preference may be given to those with prior experience stocking game birds and experience with winter driving using trucks and trailers, including 5+ years of job-related driving experience.
**Agency requires that the successful applicant have a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of wildlife and biological sciences.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, work alone, and/or as a team.
- Ability to work with other people/agencies/groups, which may have conflicting interests.
- Ability to drive 4x4 vehicles while pulling a trailer in adverse weather conditions.
- Knowledge of transporting live animals in varied weather conditions
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be in good physical condition.
- The position requires the lifting of heavy objects and may include strenuous physical exertion at times.
- Be able to work in various weather conditions, including extreme cold and snow, and environments.
- Must be able to work all days of the week and varied work hours, including weekends and early mornings, evenings/late nights.
- Must be able to safely operate motorized equipment including 4x4 pickup trucks, ATVs, and snowmobiles.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Dates of employment are approximately October 23, 2023 to January 31, 2023.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Please submit an application via the link below to be considered.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.