Prairie Restoration Technician, Landscaper, Conservationist
Prairie Future Seed Company
|Salary Details||$11-$13 per hour depending on experience|
|Deadline||Mar 31, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
- Gain experience and knowledge in environmental studies by working with Wisconsin wildflowers and grasses through the management, restoration and installation of both new and existing prairies.
- Learn how to identify native plant species at different stages of development; from seed to seedlings, from leaves to blooms.
- Learn how to identify and manage some of Wisconsin’s and the Midwest’s most invasive weed species to help reduce invasive populations and restore native plantings.
Daily work duties primarily include; weeding, invasive species control, planting, prairie restoration & conservation, native garden installation, nursery work, seed collection.
Secondary duties include seed cleaning & packaging.
- We have multiple types of positions open
- Part-time seasonal (2-3 days) or full-time (4-5 days) seasonal positions available
- Summer Positions are approximately June - August coinciding with school schedules
- Seasonal Position is May 1 - November 22
- We also give seasonal employees first option to return the following season over new hires
- 3-5 days per week, some flexibility on days
- 21-35 hours per week
- Start time 8:15-9:00 a.m. (Varies by day)
- End time 4:30-5:00 p.m. (Varies by day)
- Starts @ $11-$13 per hour depending on experience and availability
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and bend over and/or squat down frequently throughout day
- Must be okay with occasionally working outdoors in not ideal weather conditions; hot, humid, cold, damp, buggy. Not the standard but does happen.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Along with the following answers:
1) What type of work are you interested in?
a.) Summer (college break) or Seasonal (May-Nov)
b.) Full time (4-5 days) or Part-Time (2-3 Days)
2) Also do you have a reliable way to and from work?
3) What is your favorite WIsconsin Native species, plant or animal, and why?
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.