|Salary Details||$14.00 - 17.00 hourly / 40 hours per week. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and more!|
The general hourly range for this position is $14.00 - $17.00. Salary offers will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, skills, training, and education.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Primate Caregiver I for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, TX. The sanctuary provides a permanent home to more than 800 domestic and exotic animals, with over 40 species.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and administering feed and maintaining prescribed diet for animals; Assisting in ordering and maintaining food inventory;
- Providing daily care and observation of animals, including grooming and corralling as in keeping with seasonally changing needs;
- Maintaining logs and databases of daily care, feeding, husbandry, animal locations, and body conditions;
- Cleaning and providing daily upkeep for enclosures, habitats, and office areas;
- Maintaining and repairing enclosures, pastures, and habitats including mowing, landscaping, and assistance with construction of new facilities;
- Preparing and implementing behavioral management and enrichment programs;
- Applying classical conditioning and positive reinforcement techniques to train animals for feeding, sociability, and willingness to accept medical treatment;
- Dispensing prescriptions as directed and assisting with ordering and maintaining medical inventory;
- Providing basic first aid, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care to animals;
- Assisting the Veterinary team with procedures, animal transport, and chemical capture as appropriate;
- Assisting with overseeing interns and volunteers in equine department, including reporting and handling concerns and providing mentorship;
- Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One (1) year of experience in primate care preferred;
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer and TB testing;
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This is a full time position located in Murchison, TX. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.