|Salary Details||$14.25+ per hour working 40 hours week - Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, and more!|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Animal Caregiver I for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, TX. Your main responsibility will be to provide care to animals at CABBR within our Primate division.
Purpose of Position:
To provide exceptional care to a variety of small primates such as macaques, gibbons, capuchins, and marmosets.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and administering feed and maintaining prescribed diet for animals; Assisting in ordering and maintaining food inventory;
- Providing daily care and observation of animals;
- Maintaining logs and databases of daily care, feeding, husbandry, animal locations, and body conditions;
- Cleaning and providing daily upkeep for enclosures, habitats, and office areas;
- Maintaining and repairing enclosures, pastures, and habitats including mowing, landscaping, and assistance with construction of new facilities;
- Preparing and implementing behavioral management and enrichment programs;
- Applying classical conditioning and positive reinforcement techniques to train animals for feeding, sociability, and willingness to accept medical treatment;
- Dispensing prescriptions as directed and assisting with ordering and maintaining medical inventory;
- Providing basic first aid, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care to animals;
- Assisting the Veterinary team with procedures, animal transport, and chemical capture as appropriate;
- Assisting with overseeing interns and volunteers in equine department, including reporting and handling concerns and providing mentorship;
- Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One (1) year of experience in primate care preferred;
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer and TB testing;
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is located in Murchison, TX.
**The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Apply directly here: https://us61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/humanesociety/Posting/View/2557
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Wildlife|