Tanaq Environmental, LLC. (TEL) delivers environmental engineering, investigation, consulting, and remediation services to local, state, and federal agencies in hazardous & toxic waste restoration and military munitions site management. Tanaq is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Alaskan native community and shareholders.
About the Role
Tanaq is seeking a Project Environmental Engineer to support environmental restoration and compliance the U.S. projects for U.S. government and commercial clients. The Project Environmental Engineer will support remedial investigation, remedial design, and remedial actions for contaminated sites located throughout the U.S. The job requires a basic understanding of environmental investigation and remediation concepts and the ability to monitor construction contractors to ensure the performance of work in accordance with environmental and contractual requirements. The Project Environmental Engineer job may also require oversight of contractor and or in-house field crews conducting site investigation remediation of soils, groundwater, surface water, or sediments at petroleum- and hazardous-waste sites.
The Project Environmental Engineer role is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S., preferably in or near Tampa, FL or Denver, CO. This role requires 20-30% travel.
- Engineering leadership of environmental compliance and/or remediation projects, including preparation of planning documents, reports, designs, and contract documents.
- Oversight of a team of junior engineers and/or scientists conducting in support of environmental restoration projects.
- Design of remedial processes to address petroleum- or hazardous-waste sites.
- Preparation of subcontractor scopes of work and specifications.
- Solicitation, evaluation, and procurement of subcontractors for investigation or remediation projects.
- Onsite management and supervision of environmental cleanup contractors.
- Evaluation of contractor performance in accordance with approved plans.
- Coordination and interaction with homeowners and the public in support of government clients.
- Travel to potentially contaminated sites throughout the U.S. to support a wide variety of field activities and contractor oversight.
- Cost estimating and preparation of technical approaches in support of proposals for environmental restoration projects.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong commitment to site safety and adherence to safety plans.
- Prior experience working on environmental restoration projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of civil and/or environmental engineering principles.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (excellent time management).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite software (including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to execute multiple assignments at various locations, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal responsibility.
- Ability to self-manage, take direction, and proactively run with tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clear and satisfactory driving record
- Prior experience working for Department of Defense (DoD) clients preferred.
- Experience with per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PRAS) contamination preferred
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution; Master's Degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license obtained from the National Society of Professional Engineers member state or equivalent, preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with the current annual 8-hour update is a plus; training may be provided for otherwise qualified applicants as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel 20-30% to visit job sites, attend client meetings, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and physical ability to lift at least 30 pounds (required for environmental sample collection and shipping).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and while working on a computer.
The projected annual salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $75,000 - $95,000. Please note that the salary information listed is a good faith estimate for this position and a general guideline only. There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, education, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, as well as business considerations and contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position.
Benefits offered may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Tanaq Environmental, LLC. Full-time US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, EAP, Education Reimbursement, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Who We Are
TEL provides Environmental Consulting and Remediation services under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) remediation services, studies and reporting. TEL supports major project operations in AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MD, MO, MS, NV, OH, OK, TX, VA, and WA. Telework is available for qualified staff.
TEL is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For more information, visit Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reasonable accommodation. This email is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
To view more job opportunities with us and apply for the Project Environmental Engineer role, please visit:
To apply for this role please visit our job board : Project Environmental Engineer
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|
|Tags||Environmental Consulting, Environmental Planning|