We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
This position is responsible for coordinating timber-related land uses and activities, including haul routes, tail holds, rights-of-way, easements, leases, and permits.
About The Position
- Coordinate government road access agreements, reciprocal right-of-way programs, and ensure harvest units have appropriate legal access
- Review, research, and maintain land records including title reports, historic ownership, and interpretation of land surveys
- Assist with daily access needs for effective business functions, including verifying legal rights, gates, locks, keys, notifications, and permissions
- Work with internal groups to negotiate and administer forest land use agreements
- Assist in local land and timber acquisitions, disposals, and exchanges
- Maintain land records with appropriate file documentation and continual record management
- Review, report, and monitor compliance for real estate matters
- Resolve land use issues through research and analysis, including ownership disputes, trespasses, condemnation actions, and damage claims
- Assist Company in maintaining positive relations with government agencies and neighboring land owners
- General clerical and administrative support
- Local travel to deliver and/or pick up documents
- Two years’ experience working with legal land descriptions, real property documents, and/or road access agreements
- Understanding of real estate matters and land use agreements, with experience in related reporting and compliance monitoring
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcMap Geographic Information System software, preferred
- Knowledge of Forestry operations and procedures, preferred
- Current Notary license, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Strong organizational, mathematical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to resolve problems, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, communication skills
- Understand and appropriately use discretion with sensitive and confidential information
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|