Regional Office Manager
Wyoming Game and Fish Department
STATE OF WYOMING invites applications for the position of:
BAAS06-2023-00609-Regional Office Manager-Cody
SALARY: $19.38 - $24.22 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Regional Office Manager to administer the daily functions of the Cody Regional Office in a professional, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis / 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Respond to inquiries from the public that requires extensive knowledge and interpretation of agency operations and policies.
- Review, monitor, and control amounts expended from budget(s); maintain accounts payable, audit/prepare fiscal documents, and request/receive bids.
- Compile data accurately into finished reports, spreadsheets, as well as databases, bobcat tag databases, black bear bait registration, job completion reports, big and trophy game databases, and commercial operators.
- Bonded by the State of Wyoming as a licensed agent, therefore responsible for the sale and collection of funds from over-the-counter Game & Fish licenses, stamps, and interstate game tags.
- Perform clerical assistance duties as requested (i.e. typing, scanning, filing, minutes, etc.)
- Assist in training new regional personnel on state and department policies.
- Routinely deal with difficult situations and resolve conflicts tactfully and professionally.
- Maintain confidential personnel and enforcement files.
- Provide oversight for maintenance of regional office including snow removal, lawn care, janitorial, and securing bid estimates for repairs and maintenance.
- Provide work oversight of contract clerical personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining, and processing all license transactions; balancing funds remitted with daily transaction reports, and preparing funds for daily deposit.
- Boat registrations, assigning HIN numbers, and AIS inspections.
- Ensure inter-agency coordination of permits, regulations, etc. with federal agencies.
- Maintain office equipment (fax, copier, etc.)
Preference may be given to those with 3-5 years of progressive work experience in business/office communication and/or management.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office programs.
- Extensive knowledge of Game & Fish Laws, State Statutes, and Commission Regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of current Wyoming Game & Fish Department laws and hunting and fishing regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of State, Federal, and agency operations, policies, and laws.
- Knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and practices of the Wyoming government accounting system.
- General knowledge of Wyoming's fish and wildlife populations, distribution, and identification.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts of computer systems, network systems, and electronic mail database management.
- Ability to clarify information and resolve common problems from the public, other agencies, and department personnel.
- Skills in both oral and written communication; skill in interpersonal relations as applied to contact with department personnel, agency officials, outside agency representative, and the public.
- Skill in management of office resources; skill in acquiring, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Fiscal control, budget preparation, and verification of documents
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Support Specialist I
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Education: Associate's Degree (typically in Business) Experience:0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Support Specialist I
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with one hour for lunch.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- A background credit check will be required
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to the appointment.
- Some light travel is required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #BAAS06
Job # 2023-00609
BAAS06-2023-00609-REGIONAL OFFICE MANAGER-CODY
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.
Please submit an application via the link below to be considered:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|