Restoration & Maintenance Crew
Environmental Survey Consulting
Residential Installation Crew Members work on the Residential team performing maintenance and installation of native plant landscaping and ranch habitat restoration projects. This position will primary be on-site and work with a small team. This role must have mobility to arrive and travel to job sites daily with equipment needed to perform job duties (some job sites up to 45 miles from downtown Austin, mileage compensated).
- Working in a crew of 1-3 employees
- Weeding, pruning planting and guiding the development of large and small residential landscapes planted with a high diversity of native plants
- Management of ranch restoration projects
- Hand harvest of native seed for company projects
- Minor maintenance of irrigation systems
- Communicating project needs to the Crew Leader
- Use and Maintenance of hand tools and small power equipment as required
- Travel with equipment to job sites daily
- Other duties as required, job functions may vary daily and may extend beyond the list above possibly including client and project management, or management of the residential maintenance program
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1 year’s prior experience in landscaping or construction in an outdoor setting
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and “clean” driving record
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds for brief or extended periods
- Must be able to work outdoors around the year
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Highly Motivated with strong work ethic
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work long periods of the day without constant supervision or direction
- Interest in native plants, irrigation installation and arborist work
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Client and project management skills (near-term promotion is a possibility for the right candidate)
- 90-95% of time in this position will be spent in outdoor setting
- 5-10% of time will be in transit, either private vehicle or a company fleet vehicle
Hours: This will be a Monday-Friday position, from 7:30am-3:30pm. Hours may vary due to seasonal and business needs.
Benefits: Full time employees are eligible for paid time off, holiday pay, healthcare, retirement accounts and other benefits as outlined by the employee handbook.
Please reach out to us via Indeed, our website, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in working with our hands-on team. Please include a copy of your resume and a brief letter of interest.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Restoration|