EarthCorps (EC) is a Seattle-based nonprofit that believes all people and nature can thrive together. Through local environmental service, EC aims to create a global community of leaders. The organization offers an intensive six-month to year-long training program that brings together young adults (ages 18-26ish) from the United States and around the world. Participants learn essential skills in community building, environmental restoration, leadership and reflective practice.
Join us for hands-on environmental restoration in Western Washington. Work in teams of 5-7, led by an EarthCorps Crew Leader, to make a positive impact through restoration projects. Our focus is countering the effects of colonization, resource extraction, development, and agriculture by restoring habitats, improving air and water quality, reducing erosion, and engaging the community.
- Field Service: Crews work on restoration projects in urban, suburban, and rural settings, gaining skills in various restoration techniques like invasive plant removal, native plant installation, and site maintenance.
- Camping Trips: Experience camping trips to enhance team development and practice camping skills, with trips lasting 3-4 nights or potentially up to 10 days per month.
- Training and Workshops: Learn about restoration theory, local ecology, plant identification, leadership, team development, environmental justice, and community building.
Terms of Service:
- Service period: January 15th, 2023 – November 22nd, 2023.
- Compensation: Living stipend of $2,979/month (pre-tax) and a $340/month housing stipend.
- Typical hours: Monday – Friday, 7:20 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with alternating Mondays off and occasional Saturdays.
- Status: Temporary, enrolled through AmeriCorps, requiring 1,700 hours of service and criminal history checks.
- AmeriCorps education award up to $6,495 upon completing 1,700 hours.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) training if needed.
- Days off, holidays, and sick time as designated.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Subsidized ORCA Pass for bus transportation.
- Provided gear and safety equipment.
This position is managed by EarthCorps and offered through AmeriCorps, so all applicants must meet AmeriCorps requirements and policies. Join us to make a difference while growing both personally and professionally!
To view the complete position description and apply for this role, please visit earthcorps.org/apply.
A cover letter is required when applying for this job. In your letter, please describe, as specifically as you can, how your experience, interests, and values are a good fit for this position and with EarthCorps. In addition, please share how your lived and/or professional experiences inform your understanding of what it means to be anti-racist.
To apply, please visit earthcorps.org/apply
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Restoration|