Resource Environmental Solutions LLC
Albany, New York
RES is seeking people interested in a natural resources career as a Restoration Technician based out of our Albany, NY office.
In the Northeast, RES provides a full array of ecological restoration and consulting services, stream and shoreline construction, wetland mitigation banking, and green infrastructure installation to clients in the private and public sectors, throughout the State of New York.
A successful candidate for this position will be interested in gaining experience in the following areas: invasive plant species control, native plant and seed installation, stream, and shoreline stabilization/construction, prescribed burning, and other types of habitat restoration.
This position is full-time but depends on the workload and weather conditions. Overtime hours will be required during peak periods. Depending on the project location, travel and overnight stay within the Northeastern region may be required. Most of the work is outdoors, often in inclement weather and on rugged terrain. This position will require extended periods of standing, walking, and lifting heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
If you are looking to establish a natural resource career with an industry leader and want to contribute to constructing and restoring diverse native ecosystems, please consider applying.
What your day-to-day might look like?
Specific job tasks may include:
- Native and invasive plant identification, herbicide application, selective mowing, brush and tree removal, native plant and seed installation, and erosion control installation.
- Assessment of native ecosystem health and communication of project needs and progress to the appropriate Restoration Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Interpretation and utilization of field maps, engineered plan sets, and specifications for project implementation.
Depending on experience and proficiency, equipment operation and tools to conduct the above tasks may include the use of backpack sprayers, chainsaws, brush saws, ATVs/UTVs, tractors, skid steers, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Previous similar experiences will make your application stand out.
We would like to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain an Illinois Commercial Pesticide Applicator/Operator license within the first three months of employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FedMed Certificate and drive a DOT registered truck and trailer within six months of employment.
What will make you stand out?
- A bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology, zoology, botany, forestry, or other natural resource fields OR
- 1+ years of experience in the field conducting ecological restoration activities.
- Native and non-native plant identification skills both herbaceous and woody.
Pay range - $18.00 / 19.50 per hour.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.