Eco-Resource Consulting, Inc. (ERC) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a broad range of services in ecological and natural sciences. The staff at ERC provides diverse expertise in upland restoration, wildlife habitat, woodland management, wetland determination, delineation, mitigation, aquatic biology and ecological sustainability.
Our work environment includes:
- Work-from-home days
Eco-Resource Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Restoration Technician. Job duties will primarily involve conducting field work on ecological restoration project sites. Additional duties will include collection of ecological field data and assisting Project Managers and Senior Biologists/Ecologists with vegetation monitoring and report drafting. Data collection may be in support of wetland determination/delineation, wildlife habitat/land resource assessments, endangered resources review, vegetation monitoring, GPS data collection, permit applications, and environmental reports. This position will be seasonal full-time with the option of permanent employment after a 90-day probation period.
Job duties will include carrying out tasks related to prairie, wetland, woodland, and other natural community restoration and land management. Specific job tasks will include application of herbicides, mowing, installation of erosion control products, native seed and plant installation, and invasive shrub/tree removal and treatment. Equipment operations may include chainsaws, brush-cutters, backpack herbicide sprayers, ATV, UTV, skid-steer, and tractor with various implements. Applicants must be proficient in the operation of mid-duty to heavy duty trucks and trailers.
- Experience supervising field crews and reporting project details to Senior Staff.
- Experience writing summary reports throughout and at completion of projects.
- Two or more years of experience operating and maintaining various types of implements and power equipment; including trucks, large trailers, ATVs, UTVs, skid-steers, tractors (and attachments), pumps, chainsaws, brush-cutters, backpack herbicide sprayers, small engines/pumps, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to perform physical work in a wide range of outdoor weather and environments including walking 2-4 miles in rough terrain.
- Willingness to travel and conduct field work in remote areas for extended periods.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Two years of experience in ecological restoration or resource management.
- Ability to identify common native and non-native plant species.
- Navigation and map reading skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience operating skid-steers or similar heavy equipment is a plus.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (or ability to obtain)
- Valid Driver’s License
- WI Pesticide Applicators License (or ability to obtain)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stoughton, WI 53589: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Stoughton, WI 53589
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Botany, General / Stewardship, Restoration|
|Tags||Wetland, Environmental Consulting|