Roads Project Manager
|Salary Details||Based on experience|
|Deadline||Apr 16, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Weyerhaeuser's South Oregon Region is searching for a Roads Project Manager on the Springfield operations team, located in Springfield, OR. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Area Manager, with salary level dependent on skills and experience. As a Roads Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the road construction/road maintenance activities across the 200,000+ acre land base. You will also focus on the management of safety, environmental stewardship, costs, and leadership of the company road maintenance crew, as well as contract crews.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and throughout the operation for company and contractor activities.
- Role model, coordinate training and ensure commitment to safety and performance expectations with company crews and contract services.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
- Supervision of hourly road maintenance crew and assisting with hourly logging and shop personnel supervision.
- Employ professional engineering skills in the planning, scheduling and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, harvest unit layout, fish pipe and bridge work.
- Adhere to labor relations principles, working with employees and union leadership to pro-actively resolve issues and concerns related to collective bargaining agreements.
- Full participation in the development and management of expense and capital budgets.
- Negotiate, prepare, and administer contracts.
- Act as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives.
- BS Forest Engineering or other relevant field, and/or five years’ experience in the forestry industry.
- Five years leadership experience in engineering related activities; unit layout, road construction, fish pipe and bridge work.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-directed team player.
- Possess understanding and ability to deal with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes and permitting process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to prepare, negotiate, administer, and monitor contracts.
- Strong analytical skills w/ proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems are highly desirable with desire to continue learning.
- Valid driver’s license is required, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
- Ability to spend considerable time in the field, on steep or broken ground covered with slash and brush in a variety of weather conditions.
- Operational timing or weather constraints may require occasional weekend work.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click here to view the job description on the Weyerhaeuser site. Then click on Apply Online to apply/upload your electronic resume.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.