|Salary Details||$32/hr negotiable|
|Deadline||Nov 17, 2023|
|Required Experience||7+ years|
Pax Environmental, Inc. is seeking to hire a qualified Senior Archaeologist responsible for managing and directing regional archaeological projects as well as supervise and review the work of Associate and Staff Archaeologists.
Pax Environmental, Inc. is a veteran-owned environmental consulting firm offering a range of professional services including ecological restoration; water quality analysis; wildlife biology; environmental regulatory permitting; GIS services; and, multidisciplinary project management.Location: Our office is located in Ojai, CA. All work can be done in our office or remotely.
- Experience supervising and developing complex archaeological fieldwork, lab processing and/or technical analysis and report preparation;
- Overseeing budgets, managing personnel, and scheduling staff;
- Experience overseeing proposal preparation;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- A strong comprehension of the CEQA, NEPA, and NHPA Section 106;
- Awareness and understanding of SB18 & AB52 (TRIBAL CONSULTATIONS mandated by CA state Senate)
- Desire and capacity for independent work and collaborative disposition toward clients, agency and tribal representatives, construction contractors, and other project stakeholders;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent communication and writing skills;
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to adapt to changes in project needs;
- Expertise in Pax service area/California region.
- Highly motivated and team-oriented.
- Effective and concise communication.
- The individual should be comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites which may require overnight stays.
- Maintain flexibility as project demands change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and complete a background check.
- Advanced degree in archaeology, historical archaeology, anthropology, or related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrable, progressively responsible employment in CRM including supervision or management experience.
- Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) certification strongly preferred.
- Skill and experience in working with descendant communities.
- Required to sit or stand at an office workstation, sometimes for extended periods
- Required to work on keyboard, using mouse while looking at computer screens/monitors, sometimes for extended periods
- Comfortable working outdoors and able to perform field work on uneven surfaces
- Required to work with tools
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Driver's License
- Master's Degree
- Technical writing
- Supervising experience
Interested applicants may submit a letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, a sample of your maps and illustrations, and three professional references. Email directly to HR@paxenviro.com that's HR @ paxenviro.com
Pax Environmental, Inc provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Veteran-led organization
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|
|Tags||GIS, Archaeology, Environmental Consulting|