|Salary Details||The target annual compensation for this position is $32,300-$36,100, and depends on location and relevant experience.|
|Deadline||Dec 08, 2023|
Save the Bees Associate
Sacramento, CA; Denver, CO; or Washington, DC
Environment America is hiring a Save the Bees Associate to lead our campaigns to protect bees. Bees play a crucial role in our lives. But as our society uses more pesticides, their populations are plummeting.
We’re running campaigns to save the bees - from asking Amazon to stop selling bee-killing pesticides to sharing bee-friendly garden tips. We’ve convinced 10 state legislatures to pass bills limiting the use of neonicotinoids, the worst bee-killing pesticides, and we’re hiring a campaign associate to help us keep the monument going. Our campaign associate will work to protect already-existing bee habitat, expand bee habitat by encouraging the planting of pollinator-friendly plants in our own gardens and on public lands, and end the worst uses of the pesticides that are killing bees.
- Work with coalitions: Reach out to like-minded organizations and affected constituency groups to demonstrate support for our campaign goals.
- Organize events and work with volunteers. Organize webinars, community events and public meetings. Recruit organizations and members of the public to attend and participate.
- Earn media attention: Organize media events and write opinion pieces. Build a following on social media for your campaign.
- Lobby elected officials: Meet with decision makers - from city council members to state legislators - to make the case for our campaign goals. When a critical vote is happening on your campaign, work to demonstrate the support you’ve been building on the ground to help line up the votes needed to win.
- Recruit new people to your team: Help build your team by recruiting volunteers, interns and full-time staff.
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer: Run a campaign office for the summer to raise money to support our campaigns, build our organization and membership, and help build critical and timely grassroots support to win key campaigns while honing your organizing and management skills.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply; we provide training on advocacy and organizing skills, as well as oversight and on-the-ground training by an experienced advocate while you lead your own campaign. Ideal candidates will have a commitment to protecting the environment and a love of America’s public lands as well as leadership experience, top-notch writing and public speaking skills, an eagerness to learn, and be ready for a challenge.
About Environment America
Environment America tackles the most profound problem of our time: a way of living that is destroying the natural world. We’re advocates for energy conservation and renewable power, so we can keep oil in the ground and stop burning fossil fuels. We’re champions of plastic reduction, so nothing we use for a few minutes is allowed to pollute our oceans for centuries. And we’re defenders of wildlife and wild places, both for their own sake as well as the awe and wonder they bring to our lives.
Environment America’s national network of 30 state environmental groups work to improve our quality of life by reducing the pollution and other harms of how we produce, consume and dispose of more and more stuff. And we do it one step at a time, by winning results for clean air, clean water, clean energy, wildlife, open spaces, and a livable climate that make a tangible difference in people's lives and our environment.
Compensation and Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $32,300-$36,100, and depends on location and relevant experience. Environment America offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, paid time off, our commuter benefit program, a 401(k) plan with employer match, parental leave, long term disability insurance, and may include needs-based student loan assistance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
This position could be based in Sacramento, CA; Denver, CO; or Washington, DC.
Our Mission & Values
Why work with Environment America? Check out 10 reasons on our website.
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit our website for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Environment America is an equal opportunity employer. Environment America will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boosted. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Fill out our online application on our website.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Policy And Law|
|Tags||Climate Change, Entomology|