Climate Generation ignites and sustains the ability of youth, educators, and communities to act on systems perpetuating the climate crisis. Based in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, Climate Generation strategically engages and empowers youth, educators, decision-makers and the public to foster climate literacy and action with the goal of building a more equitable and resilient future for all.
Position: Senior Communications and Marketing Manager
Status: Full-Time Hybrid (in office & remote)
Reports to: Senior Director of Development, Marketing and Communications
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Communications and Marketing Manager is a highly collaborative role within Climate Generation and creates consistent brand vision and strategy that converges with our work in climate justice and engages activists, educators and communities widely. The Senior Communications and Marketing Manager develops strategy, assures quality implementation and is the chief spokesperson on behalf of Climate Generation for external audiences. Primarily leading Climate Generation’s communication and marketing functions by working closely with the organizational leadership maintaining deep collaborative relationships with Education, Youth, Policy and Community Engagement. This position includes overseeing, creating and driving the implementation of external communications, including written and online communications and marketing strategies such as annual reports and external media engagement. Plans and selects media, oversees production of marketing communications, including print and digital vehicles, scripts, photo and video projects, and media campaigns. This position oversees the content and design for e-communications, social media, and organization websites, works with and supervises the Communications Coordinator and the Digital Media and Marketing Strategist, independent contractors, vendors and manages the communications and marketing budget. This position also leads internal procedures and systems for PR, marketing efforts and crisis communication.
Communications and Marketing (50%):
- Oversee all internal and external communications
- Develop and integrate over-arching messaging embodying Climate Generation’s mission, vision and values.
- Cultivate and curate climate change narrative aligning with Climate Generation’s vision, mission and values as part of solid communication’s strategy.
- Work closely with the Education, Policy, Youth and Community Engagement teams in executing marketing, communications and action plans.
- Develop earned media strategy ensuring integration into Climate Generation’s marketing and promotion efforts in deep collaboration with the Digital and Graphic Media Strategist.
- Build online presence through developing digital strategies for engaging and interactive content through multiple media forms
- Monitor and ensure that adjustments in communications and marketing strategies based on data/feedback occur in a timely manner
- Ensure brand consistency and integrity
- Oversee Climate Generation’s website design, managing contractors who perform updates and additions to the site.
- Manage all communication strategies, design/branding, and positioning, from beginning to end, including coordination with webmaster and web program assistant, Zoom, Zapier and CRM database
- Support policy campaign communications, in particular the annual Window into COP program, in partnership with the Executive Director, Policy Manager and the Talk Climate Manager
- Develop and execute an earned media strategy that builds awareness of and elevates Climate Generation’s mission, programs, achievements and staff expertise, including LTE, op-eds, etc.
- Manage all media relations
- Oversee the collection of the communications analytics and metrics for program evaluation and grants and develop strategies to refine and evolve as needed
- Provide supervision of the Communications Coordinator (s):
- Oversee and participate in onboarding/offboarding processes
- Ensure any annual credential required is updated regularly
- Oversee content creation across print, social media, website content, offering feedback and support where necessary
- Conduct regular check-in communication to ensure annual, semi-annual, and quarterly goals are achieved
- Provide training as needed on internal processes and communication
- Set, and ensure that, professional development goals are achieved
- Support Development efforts with fundraising, communication and solicitation strategies/outcomes. Develop marketing strategies to maximize earned and contributed revenue of the organization
- Represent Climate Generation with external media and organizational contacts and at organizational events and functions
- Oversee marketing and communications budget, manage expense and revenue
Organizational Engagement (10%):
- Engage in team functions including events, team meetings, strategic planning, & marketing
- Collaborate with colleagues and outside consultants and partners, to ensure that an antiracist framework is used across communications, branding and marketing
- Coordinate with Development Coordinator on database management related to e-communications, volunteer needs, event logistics, program materials, and vendor relations
- Support and participate in Climate Generation’s work towards an anti-racist and equitable workplace.
- Seek opportunities to grow professionally
Organizational Health (10%)
- Participate as an active member of the Climate Generation team through participation in bi-monthly team meetings, team planning days, antiracism leadership, and other essential Climate Generation activities.
- Support cross-program efforts with educators, community engagement, development, and other organization-wide events
- Coordinate with Programs Coordinator on volunteer needs, event logistics, program materials, and vendor relations
- Seek opportunities to grow professionally
- Three years of experience in communications and marketing in a manager position.
- Experience with WordPress, Asana, In Design, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zapier, Google Drive based internal communications and workspace.
- Basic graphic design experience.
- Two – three years of supervisory experience.
- Strong writing skills.
- Commitment to antiracism with experience in racially and geographically diverse communities.
- Passion for climate justice and the different ways that people power can create change.
- Ability to navigate conflict and adapt to challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with a small and dedicated team.
- Ability to build and nurture trusted and authentic relationships with internal and external partners.
- Committed to an equitable workplace and integrating antiracism into program planning and operations
- Five years of experience in marketing and communications in a manager-level position or higher.
- Experience organizing in 501 © 3 advocacy campaigns.
- Expertise in audience growth and development.
- Strong understanding of intersectional solutions of climate and racial justice.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position with a salary range of $59,000-$64,000.
Climate Generation actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by law. We actively seek to build and maintain a diverse workforce and foster the leadership of people of color, Indigenous people, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+, and all people of varying and intersecting identities. We value and actively recruit people whose identities and life experiences give them a direct stake in the movement for climate justice. We especially encourage Black, Native, Brown, POC, Indigenous, LGBT, and Queer candidates to apply for this position. Climate Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being a diverse and multicultural organization that recognizes and values the diversity of our staff and stakeholders.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Senior Manager of Communications and Marketing. The deadline to submit application materials for this position is rolling until the position is filled. Climate Generation engages a thorough screening process. You may be asked to participate in multiple screening activities. If you have questions regarding the role or application process, email email@example.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|