|Salary Details||$54,000/year, including annual salary and health benefits|
|Deadline||Aug 15, 2022|
Precision Wildlife Resources, LLC is a small, well-established environmental firm in Gillette, Wyoming that has an immediate opening for a Senior Wildlife Biologist to provide natural resource services across an array of projects primarily in the Rocky Mountain Region. Job duties include wildlife monitoring, mitigation, and research; biological permitting; impact assessments; and conservation and habitat management planning. The position encompasses a phased professional development program with the first phase centered on project orientation; pertinent survey protocols, implementation, and other technical aspects; and agency/client policy review and application. The second phase will focus on project management responsibility, business integration and marketing, and client budget development and advanced policy consultation. Opportunity for business leadership and a financial promotion is available at the onset of the second phase, with successful performance through the first phase of the program. The starting compensation for the position is $54,000, including annual salary and health benefits.
Required qualifications include:
- A Master's degree or higher in a related field and 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in wildlife survey design and implementation, report writing, and GIS data storage and mapping;
- Prior work experience on private lands and successfully interacting with private landowners on conservation initiatives;
- A clean driving record and ability to adhere to strict drug and safety policies; and
- The ability to accommodate substantial travel in spring and early summer for fieldwork.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Excellent avian and vegetation identification skills for the Rocky Mountain Region;
- Previous consulting experience with natural resource management services related to energy development and agricultural operations; and
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills under allocated project budgets and deliverable deadlines.
Applicants that do not meet the required qualifications above will not be considered. The position will remain open until filled, but the processing of applications and subsequent interviews will begin immediately.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience for the SENIOR WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST position to Bill Vetter at email@example.com. Precision Wildlife Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Ecology, General / Stewardship, Wildlife|
|Tags||GIS, Permitting, Environmental Consulting, Environmental Planning, Ornithology|