Silviculture Operations Specialist, NRS3
Full-time, Permanent, Represented position
Location: Natural Resources Building- Olympia, WA
Location and Telework flexibility may be available and considered
Relocation Compensation may be available and considered
Salary: $4723.00 - $6,349.00 Monthly
Want to join something GREAT and make a difference?
The Forest Resources Division focuses on the management of state trust lands. The Division is responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination, and implementation of forest management activities that ensure sustainable revenue and ecosystem services for the beneficiaries and citizens of the state across Washington’s state-managed forested landscapes.
The Silviculture Operations Specialist is a pivotal member of the Forest Resources Division team and is responsible for supporting the statewide Silviculture Operations Program. The incumbent will perform technical and professional work assisting the Silviculture Operations Manager in budget development, contracting program management, training, monitoring, report writing, and data systems development and management. The program works directly with all six DNR administrative regions, State Lands divisions, and other agency programs involved in forest health, resilience, and management. The position works independently to devise methods and processes to resolve complex issues with broad potential impact.
This position is responsible for:
- Supporting the management of the statewide Silviculture Operations Program, providing resources, information, direction, and support to regional silviculture programs with a combined biennial budget of $ 35 million;
- Administering the silviculture contracting program enables region silviculture programs to implement over 50,000 acres of forest management activities per year. Acting as the primary point of contact for silviculture contract posting to the Washington Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) and DNR’s silviculture contract posting page (~100 contract postings per year); and,
- Developing technological solutions and providing customer support for the Land Resource Manager (LRM) software system and DNR Data Collector mobile application, with the goal of improving data quality, maximizing efficiency, and enhancing both region and division decision-making capabilities.
Other duties include:
- Supporting research and monitoring efforts of silvicultural activities on DNR lands;
- Engaging in Silviculture Program planning and work prioritization processes; and,
- Voluntary participation in the Wildfire suppression program.
- A bachelor's degree in forestry, natural resources, or related field AND two years of professional experience in forestry or natural resources program administration.
OR a combination of education and/or experience.
- Proficiency in automated data processing/information technology, use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting an environment that honors diversity, equity, inclusion, and environmental justice practices.
- Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, and regulations, and public records retention and requests are followed.
To view a complete position description with application instructions visit careers.wa.gov.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.