Santa Cruz County Parks
Have you ever wanted to try RV life?
Come live at Pinto Lake County park in exchange for 20 hrs per week volunteer work. Pinto Lake county park is a suburban open space with picnicking, nature trails, fishing, and sports fields. It is close to beautiful beaches and located in a thriving small city. You will be provided with a nice, nearly new RV and full hook-ups (water, electricity, propane) in a semi-private area of the park in exchange for volunteer service.
- Lock gates and restrooms five days per week in the evening at sunset.
- Check for signs of trespass and unauthorized camping and inform staff.
- Remove garbage/debris.
- Inform Park staff of any large limbs or fallen trees. Observe and report changed conditions and hazards (plumbing electrical) or damage to any signage.
- Remove graffiti from signage and structures when observed.
- Make recommendations for stewardship activities beyond the scope of these duties.
- Occasionally assist staff with painting structures, gates and curbs.
Length of stay negotiable, but normally six months with the option to stay for longer periods of time.
Park host / Site host experience and Spanish language skills a plus. Single people or couples can apply. Pets OK. There is no set schedule, but host will be required to lock gates at sunset 5 days per week. Other duties can be performed at convenient times for the host.
Learn more about Pinto Lake County Park here:
The Land Trust of Santa Cruz County is helping with recruitment for this position - Applicants should send a resume and brief cover letter to Steve Root (email@example.com).
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|