|Salary Details||Monthly stipend of $2,318 per month, $10,000 Education Award, Standard health insurance, Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological, and skills-development training, Child Care Reimbursement Options|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Full list of positions and job descriptions available on our website!
We are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a year of service to protect Sierra Nevada natural resources and sustainable communities. During the year, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders, and help to conserve some of our most treasured landscapes.
Locations and specific duties vary throughout the Sierra Nevada.
While each SNAP Position has unique requirements related to the position’s function, the SNAP Program has some general requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended OR six months of relevant experience in restoration, monitoring, environmental education, or field work. May consider related experience).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that results in the applicant’s inability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service.
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service.
Responsibilities- Each job varies, but the main job functions are:
- Education & Outreach
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Restoration & Monitoring
- Fill out the SNAP online application
- Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position/s to Rebecca Williams at: email@example.com.
- Candidates are requested to use the following headings and labels when submitting their applications.
- Email subject line: [Full Name] SNAP AmeriCorps Application
- Cover Letter attachment: [Full Name] Cover Letter
- Resume attachment: [Full Name] Resume
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Restoration|
|Tags||Conservation Corps, Outreach|