Staff Accountant - Remote
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Location Negotiable, Remote
|Salary Details||Dependent on qualifications and experience|
|Deadline||Jun 09, 2023|
The Staff Accountant works as a member of the organization’s grants team to administer over $50 million annually in local, state, and Federal grants. The position supports the organization’s mission by linking core business functions to the organization’s grant-funded projects.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration and related project accounting. This position provides internal support and accounting functions to project managers for the organization’s government grants and cooperative agreements.
Remote work opportunity with preference given to candidates in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
- Track progress toward financial and performance goals. Analyze, interpret, and disseminate data to evaluate progress.
- Review, approve, and allocate expenditures to grant agreements and associated projects. Provide internal reports and guidance to project staff and management.
- Work closely with project staff and funding partners to prepare periodic reports.
- Reconcile project financial data to the organization’s accounting systems.
- Assist others in the Grants and Accounting Departments with special projects, annual audit, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with GAAP, financial operations, grant statutes and terminology
- Prioritize work to meet established deadlines
- Establish and maintain working relationships with staff and grant partners
- Attention to detail, organized, adaptable, teachable
Training and Experience Guideline:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Experience in project, grant accounting, or government accounting preferred.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
To apply: Please combine your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume, and 3 references into a single Word or PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” area of your application on the Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs . If you have questions about the position, contact Joe Moore at email@example.com or 651-209-4929
Organizational Profile: Pheasants Forever is the nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. The organization impacts more than 1.5 million acres of habitat annually. Our home office is in White Bear Lake (St Paul), Minnesota.
Pheasants Forever, Inc and Quail Forever is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|